CMG offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, and much more!!
Works in a customer service capacity providing administrative and clerical support to patients and customers in an outpatient clinic and/or medical office setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets patients and visitors, checks patients in and out, and obtains necessary documentation. Verifies and enters demographic information.
- Obtains and verifies insurance authorizations/precertification.
- Enters, reviews, and submits charges for patient procedures and services daily. Collects co-payments and reconciles all daily reports and deposits for accuracy.
- Provides general office and clerical support to assigned out-patient/medical office.
- Performs various clerical duties including typing, processing mail, completing medical record release requests, and ordering and maintaining supplies.
- Receives and handles incoming telephone calls. Schedules, coordinates, and confirms appointments utilizing appropriate triage techniques and in compliance with patient's insurance status and assignment.
- Reviews daily appointment schedule to assure accuracy, patient access, and availability of medical record.
- Retrieves and reviews daily audit reports and corrects discrepancies.
- Retrieves and analyzes open encounter report and completes process to close encounters as assigned.
- Complies with CLIA, OSHA, and other regulatory agency standards. Participates in in-service programs as needed. Follows infection controls and safety policies.
The qualifications/requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Within scope of job, this position requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, OTHER: N/A
WORK EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of clerical experience, to include customer service experience is preferred.