CMG offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, and much more!!
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate care to the patient population in the area of assigned responsibility.
- Responds to emergencies and to changes in condition of assigned patients.
- Collaborates with Physician and other caregivers of multidisciplinary team. Assumes join responsibility with the medical staff to ensure that orders and plan of care, as they relate to the patient care, are appropriately carried out.
- Collaborates with Quality Assessment and Improvement to establish criteria and guidelines for auditing practice in area of specialty.
The qualifications/requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Within scope of job, this position requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Master's Level Degree. Master's degree required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, OTHER: Basic Life Support Basic Life Support certification required. Only current American Heart Association BLS/HCP, Licensure/certification monitored by St. John Providence (SJP) Central Credentialing Office. Drug Enforcement Admin DEA controlled substance registration required as appropriate by role. Licensure/certification monitored by SJP Central Credentialing Office. Credentialed by Corporate Medical Staff Services as an Allied Health Professional required. Licensure/certification monitored by SJP Central Credentialing Office. Certified Nurse Practitioner State of Michigan Board of Nursing Nurse Practitioner License required, or certification eligible required. If certification eligible, must obtain within one year of hire date. Licensure/certification monitored by SJP Central Credentialing Office.
WORK EXPERIENCE: 1 year of previous RN experience in area of specialty preferred.